Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Deutchland

To think...a week from now I will be in Germany. I will be in Germany. A beautiful, clean, rainy country. I will be chatting with old friends, getting to know new friends. I will be discussing plans for the next 4 weeks, eating German food, reveling in German accents. I will be experiencing what normal 16 year-olds rarely experience. I will be on an adventure

I can just imagine everything that will happen on the day of travel. I am trying to reach my fingers out to touch those imaginings and make them reality but it is still 12 days away. Although I know those 12 days will fly away so quickly, it feels like such a long time.  I remember when I started counting the days down at 88 days, how unbelievably long that felt. And know this dream of mine is 288 hours away! 

I keep thinking about waking up early on Monday morning of the 23rd in the hotel, so excited I couldn't sleep. Getting ready and having coffee. It is going to be so real, and I never thought it would be. 

9 months ago I longed to escape this cage I was in, and I longed to escape to the beautiful Deutchland. I thought the longing was too absurd to even satisfy, I never even asked my parents. But I did tweet about it, almost every day, wanting to go to Germany. A friend let my mom in on these tweets and one night after dinner my parents came to me and said that if I really wanted (of course I did), I could go. So we started making plans and I started making scarves, and hats, and boot cuffs. I got a job cleaning an office once a week and I cleaned the church my Dad pastor's for $20 a week. It was a lot of hard work and I was anxious I wouldn't have enough by June. Because God is so good and so merciful He orchestrated this plan for me years ago and everything has come together. All because Jesus loves me, I can go to Germany. All because He has a plan for my life and He decided to stick a 4 week trip to Germany in there in the summer of my 16th year. Crazy right? Crazy, but good. 

I can't thank Him enough and cannot help but be incredibly amazed that I have this oppurtunity. I am praying Germany will only be the first of many trips around the world, praying that next summer I can visit beautiful Gautemala, and Brazil, Englad, Spain, Africa...everywhere. 

God is good. I can only wait so much longer befor I scream. 

Remember, owl be hawkward, even in Germany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment