Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Interview: Victoria Hammel

For a while now I have wanted to do an interview post, and finally I have had the chance! I asked my friend Victoria (Check out her blog here) if she would do an interview with me, and she said yes! We met via twitter (I have a multitude of internet friends whom I've never met) through a mutual friend. Turns out, she's really amazing and we have a lot in common! I took yesterday to ask her some questions about herself, and writing. So, here it is! I hope you enjoy getting to know Victoria as much as I did.



Kaydee:
Hey Victoria! Welcome to the first ever Owl Be Hawkward interview! I'm so excited to have you do this for the blog. I'm just going to ask a few questions about you, and then we'll get to some blogger/writer questions! We'll start with the basics. How old are you, where do you go to school?

Victoria: 
I'm so excited to 
be a part of this! I'm eighteen years old and I'm currently attending Angelina Community College in Lufkin, Texas. 

Kaydee: 
Do you plan on staying there, or transferring somewhere else? What do you want to major in, and why? 


Victoria: 
I plan on finishing my basics at ACC and then transferring to the University of North Texas Denton, or Yeshiva University in Manhattan. I'm currently planing on majoring in Philosophy and Communication/Communication Design. I've always been interested in the world views of others and how the aesthetics of design affect a persons subjective perceptions

Kaydee: 
What is your passion in life? What do you believe you were put on earth for? 

Victoria: 
Those are really good questions! My passion in life is to live and not just exist. Everyone exists but not everyone lives. I guess I could say that is the reason I was put on this earth. I'm here to continue living life and experience as many other cultures as I can and maybe just maybe effect someones life for the better in even the smallest of ways.   

Kaydee: 
I love that answer! Okay, two more questions about you. What is your favorite blog and YouTube channel, and what if you're favorite thing to watch on Netflix? 

Victoria:
I really love bleubirdblog  and I've been following her for quite sometime. She has an awesome sense of style and just gives off some pretty rad vibes.  As for YouTube there are far to many to possibly pick one! Whenever I have the time I binge watch Gossip Girl but I'm only a few episodes into the second season.   
I'll have to check them out!

Kaydee: 
Now on to writing/blogging questions. You're the author of the blog birdieoiseau. What made you decide to start a blog? Where did you come up with the name?

Victoria: 
Its actually a relatively boring story believe it or not. In February of 2013 I had a pretty wicked case of the flu and was bed ridden for quite sometime. So, durning my heavily medicated state I decided I was going to start a blog! How I actually managed to properly set it up while ill still baffles me but I somehow did it. My friend once told be I looked like a baby bird so I started translating "bird" into several different languages and ended up really liking "Oiseau" which is 'bird' in French. After much deliberation and playing around with a few other words I settled on 'birdieoiseau' because it just flowed so well together!  


Kaydee: 
I'm so glad to finally know! I've been wondering ever since I read it! What reason do you write? 

Victoria:
I write mainly for myself.

Kaydee: 
You once asked me for suggestions for an essay you wrote about "bloggers being a force to reckon with", what impact do you think bloggers have and what ways do you want to impact the world being a blogger yourself?

Victoria: 
I had forgotten about that essay so thanks for reminding me! I think bloggers have an impact by just sharing their thoughts and experiences. I watched a YouTube video once where a blogger was addressing her anxiety issues and it really helped me with my own personal struggles with anxiety. Words have a certain magical quality to them that I believe bloggers really tap into and bring people together as well as make them make them feel less alone. Blogs (for the most part) are safe places for readers and writers alike.


Kaydee: 
What do you think about being positive? Do you think that the world is too negative? 

Veronica: 
Positivity is such a simple and essential factor to life but at the same time being positive can be extremely hard when negativity has certain a way to pull you down when you least expect it. I don't think the world is too negative however I do believe the world puts a greater emphasis on the negative than it does the positive. 


Kaydee: 
How do you stay positive during the negative times in life?

Victoria: 
You just have to make the conscious decision to look past the negative, whatever it may be. You have to realize that you hold the power within yourself to live a positive life. No one can force you to stay positive, you have to force yourself. 


Kaydee: 
That was the last question. Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to more collabs with you, and I can't wait to see where you go in life! You've definitely been an encouragement to me in blogging, and an influence! Thank you so so much!


Victoria: 
That means so much to me! Thanks for having me I absolutely loved it!


That's all guys, I'll talk to you later! Why is my computer doing this? Oh well! Sorry for missing last week. It wasn't a very good week, but this week is better! 











No comments:

Post a Comment