Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Inexplicable Gift of His Spirit

How inexplicably humbling it is to know that the God of the universe, the Holy One, the Creator, the perfect and pure Lord, the King of Kings, the Sovereign One, the sinless God, willingly came to live inside me through the Holy Spirit. Me! A wicked, ever-sinning, rebellious, constantly failing, impure, unrighteous, weak, powerless human. He sent His Spirit from the glories and beauty of Heaven to live inside my helpless soul, in this dark and sad world. All because He loves me.

That He would send His Son to die for me was one thing, but to give me His precious self, to dwell in me. God knew from the beginning of time that I would one day come to Him on my knees, begging for His comforting arms in my helpless state.  When He heard my weak and weary cry, He sent His spirit to come inside me and let me rest in His love. He spoke to me Words of safety and promises of His Kingdom.
He said to me, "...Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are Mine." (emphasis added, Isaiah 43:1)

He felt the cold, desolate ache within my heart and gave me warmth and hope. He cleansed me of my impurity and washed away my unrighteousness. He filled me with His strength and showed me His awesome power. His spirit lives within me to comfort and help me. How humbled I am, that His grace toward me is so immense, and that His forgiveness is so endless. How humbled I am, that He wants to dwell in me, and how utterly broken I am for the things I have put Him through.

Ah, but His compassion does not fail, and His mercies!! My friend, they are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:22-23)

His spirit, oh, it never faints, and it is never weary of my struggle! He gives me strength, He gives me power! (Isaiah 40:29)

My sweet reader, He takes your tired and callused hand, and says to you, fear not, I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

Remember now, as we each begin a new week of work, finals, training, and whatever else may come our way, that the Holy Spirit has come to dwell in us, and that He will strengthen you, He will help you, and He will uphold you with the right hand of His perfect righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)

If you have not yet believed, please do. Invite His Spirit to come and make you new, and experience the freedom and companionship that He so willingly offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment