Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Heart Wrenching

Heart wrenching is such a strong term. It leaves in your mind the picture of some one's heart twisting and turning, leaving the person incapacitated with pain. 

When you read certain things, or hear certain stories, they make your heart turn and twist in a heart wrenching way. The sadness the characters depict becomes yours. You feel with every power in your emotions every thing the character feels. The hurt, anger, happiness, sorrow, death. 

That is why reading is so beautiful. Because for a little while, you become a different person. You feel what they feel, love who they love. 

The particular book I have in mind is Wuthering Heights. I was aloud to choose what books I read this year for my Literature credit. See, I have read The Twilight Saga at least 10-15 times, and if you've read it you know that Bella's favorite book is Wuthering Heights. Being obsessed with Twilight I wanted to read Bella's favorite book. (Isn't it funny how Carlisle was alive when it was written? hahahahah). With every single chapter, I'm seeing that Twilight was slightly modeled, if not inspired, by this book. 

If you've read the entire Twilight Series or seen the moves, you know that Edward leaves Bella in New Moon. 

Before I continue, I would like to tell you that I am literally obsessed with this series. I take offense to anyone slandering it, and if you get one fact about it wrong I will duly correct you. 

I felt the very heart ache Bella expresses with her loss of Edward. I almost cry because she is so completely lost and broken with out him. My heart wrenches every time I read New Moon. Every time.

In the exact same way, my heart wrenches for Catherine and Heathcliff. He loves her so much, but she belongs to Edgar. She is so completely insane and she cannot accept that Heathcliff loves her with his entire being. Heart wrenching indeed.

I may just be a hopeless romantic, but if I am, I sure do enjoy it. I have so few heart wrenching moments in my dull life that those in books become my own. I am indeed a hopeless romantic and shall probably have too high of expectations for love that I ruin every possible chance of my own love. If this is true, I shall bury myself in romance novels and die with a completely wrenched heart. Before I do, I hope to leave with humanity my own heart wrenching novel. 

Go read this books, fellow romantics and be heart wrenched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment