Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Little Things

Hey there! 
I haven't written here in what seems like forever. I have just been so busy over Christmas break with family, friends, and all of the festivities of the holidays. It was a crazy three weeks, but I am happily settling back into my neatly carved routine. I already wrote all this out, but I tapped something and it all disappeared. 

Last night as I was about to settle down in bed, I got the deepest ache to go back  to Houston. The humidity, warmth, my Nanny's giant bath tub and plush rugs, the porch that wraps around her house, the swing, the birds and bugs. All of it. As I stood there missing my "home-away-from-home" I realized that it's the tiny things. It's the things like getting out of a tub at night and feeling the thick rug beneath your toes, the sweet comment someone left on your picture, the lady bug that lands on your finger. It's the simple, unnapreciated things that fill us with joy and contentment. God blesses us everyday with these things, yet it is rare that we stop and truly appreciate the kindnesses and sweet things. As you go about your busy day, stop, and smell those roses that come in all different forms. Kindness is contagious, give a bouquet of those sweet things to someone else, and it will keep on giving. 

Thank you for reading, here's a picture or two from my Christmas break! 

                       Our lovely tree

       Me and my sweet friend Kierra!

               The bestfriend and I

       We saw frozen-best movie ever




      Follow me on my social networks!
           Instagram- @kaydeemerritt
           Twitter-@heydontfreakbro 
       (YouTube channel coming soon!) 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment