Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dear Mom,

     First of all I want you to know I love you, more than you realize. I look to you for every little thing, and I am sure that for almost every thing in my life, I will say 'This is how mom always did it'. I cannot correctly put into words everything you mean to me. The past 16 years, 5 months, and 11 days you have raised me to love God and honor, trust, and obey Him. I have fallen, fall, and will continue to fall many times. But you have always been by my side dusting me off and helping me stand back up. I will always want you by my side to dry my tears and clean out my scrapes and ice my bruises. I disappoint you, I break your heart, but I will never want anyone else helping me get back on my feet. 
      We've had our disagreements, you've given advice I didn't take because I thought I could be the one person that beat the odds. I've tried to leave you because I was too selfish to stay, I tried to ignore your help, but nothing ever worked because you are always here, making sure I know you love me with all of your heart and then some. And I do know, and will never, ever forget it.
      You've had struggles and burdens, you've cleaned up my puke and washed all of my dirty clothes and have never expected anything in return. I have woken you up at 2 a.m. in tears and you never told me to get over it. Instead you prayed with my and held my hand. You helped me heal my scarred heart. 
        You've taught me and your 3 other children our entire (almost, Veronica is still working on it) education. You've dealt with our laziness and complaining. You've adopted, loved and adventured with a child, you've gone through heck and back with and put through college a child, you've cheered at football games in freezing temperatures and helped sign a life over to the Unites States Marine Corps with a child, you've nurtured and buried a child, and you've protected and filled with joy a child. You've done all these things and so much more that it would take a lifetime to write on paper.
     You have hurt, and struggled, and been discouraged, but nothing, has ever made you a better mother than those exact things. Your example of strength and courage and trust in your Heavenly Father is what me, all your children, your husband, and the world needs. You are a wonderful example, a fantastic servant of Christ, and most of all, my mom. And a darn good one at that. 
     I can't say how thankful I am to have a mother like you, I can't say how much I need a mother like you. Thank you, for all the things you do for your children. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and providing a place of comfort for my heart to be poured out. I love you mom, Happy Mother's Day. 





Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: -Proverbs 31:25-28 



2 comments:

  1. Kaydee. This is such a beautiful tribute to your mom that it brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is such an encouragement/blessing...to know that someone (besides my mother) was brought to tears by something I wrote...thanks, Rachel!

      Delete