Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Forest Fire

     When I was 13 years old, in 2011, I rededicated my life to the Lord at youth camp. I had, when I was five, believed in Jesus and asked Him to save me from my sin. At thirteen I struggled with sin and I knew a Christian shouldn't feel this way if they were truly saved so I went forward and poured my heart to Jesus. After that, my heart was on fire, a forest fire burned inside me. I wanted to serve Him, change the world, be a light shining in this dark world. And then the world hit me, and I found out that sometimes the world, rather Satan, tries to change us. 
     From the year 2012 until last fall, I suffered like I never knew a person my age could. While I struggled, my forest fire turned into an almost burned out candle. My heart hurt, and I was focused on changing myself, and not the world. I didn't care one bit what happened to other people because I was so wrapped up in my mistakes and depression. Satan was bringing me further from my Savior, while my Savior whispered in my ear to return to Him. Return to Him and be changed and healed. He continually whispered to me through all my selfishness and sorrow. He told me, using other people, that He loved me and that my existence on this earth was in no way a mistake. Although it took a while for the voice of Satan to be a distant whisper and the voice of Jesus to become steady and clear, He grabbed my heart and brought it to Him, and He still continually tells me to hold on through His word. I can't say that I am mature in my spiritual life, but I am trying to love Christ like He loved me. 
       The past year and a half, I have been empty. I've tried to be full and faithful, but I am drained. This past week, though, I have been slowly filling up again. My passion for people and serving my Savior is coming again, and my flame is getting bigger. The blessings I have received from Fellowship Week at Baptist Bible College feel so good. The burdens that have been laid on my heart are changed from what they used to be. They are no longer burdens of insufficiency and failure, but they are burdens of love for others, burdens to pray, burdens to learn, burdens to serve. 


    

     Please, my dear readers. I know not what you believe, or if your fire is burned out. I pray that if you do not know my Savior, you would get to know Him and let Him become your savior too. I pray that if your fire is burned out, that God would rekindle it through me or someone else. I pray that this blog blesses you, that you are encouraged. Your fire does not stay dim, it will burn bright. You will not always be discouraged. God does not let His children live in sadness forever. If we know not true sadness, how will we know true joy?

     If you have any questions about Jesus Christ and how to make Him your savior, please contact me. I would be more than glad to share His goodness with you. 

Owl be hawkward, always and forever! ;)




I love to be in contact with people! The icons to the right will direct you to all my social media so that I can get to know you all. Please visit them!

No comments:

Post a Comment