Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wifi-Less Kaydee

Hey guys! 
I've been without wifi since Monday, and I have also been extremely busy! You might be thinking, 'Holy cow, it seems like Kaydee is always without wifi.' Or you may not care at all. I will be gone Monday through Friday next week at youth camp, so I will be wifi-less as well. 

But I am here now! 

The fitness challenge is going well. I've only had a few donut holes and a piece of sweet bread on one day (Tuesday). I haven't worked out since Sunday but I have worked hard and sweat a lot. Hopefully that counts some. If I am home by tomorrow I will probably go to the gym. Today I had a banana for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and two pieces of watermelon. 

Back to wifi. Why don't I have any? 
My parents have run and owned a Christian Youth Camp for the past 20 years. It is always held the first Monday of June to Friday. Every year we come up to the camp grounds a week before camp and clean/shop/fix things. The camp is 50 some years old, and it is in the middle of the desert. It's hot, and VERY dusty. Anyway, we don't have wifi here. Which I'm not even annoyed about because it is a pleasant break from the world. We work hard, get dirty and sweaty, and although we get dust in our eyes, noses, and places you didn't know you could get dust, it is always a good time. 

I like hard work. I was taught to work hard even if I don't like what I'm doing. I was taught to not be afraid to get dirty. Dead mice, lizards (as long as they aren't on me), bugs, don't scare me. Hard work is good for the soul. 

I'm excited for camp next week. It's always good fellowship and encouragement. It is gonna be goooood. 

I hope you all have had a fabulous week! Talk to you later, owl be hawkward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment