Friday, June 13, 2014

Hannah Marie: 1990-2003

My Sweet Hannah, 
Although your time on this earth was short and not-so-sweet, I am thankful for you. There are so many things I want to say, and so many things I wish we could do, but you are with Jesus, and that is for the better. 

I am thankful that your suffering was short, although it was great. You were Jesus' little secret. No one knew your heart, or who you would have become except Him. You were so absolutely lovely that He kept you all to Himself. I would have done the same, precious sister. 

I wish we could have spent our lives learning together, arguing, growing up. I wish you could have been here for me to love, to put my heart in to caring for you. I also wish you could have been here for me in the hard times, advising me and supporting me. I wish I could have lived my whole with you as my big sister, always looking up to you. 

In the end, that is not what happened. God had a different plan for you and I. A plan that included heart break, pain and suffering, multiple surgeries and medicine. A plan that included your death, and my prayer of being an older sister being answered. God's plan was much sweeter than we could have come up with, and I am thankful for knowing you the short while that I did. 

Happy 24th birthday, Hannah Marie. I love you, and can't wait to see you at the gates of Heaven. 




No comments:

Post a Comment