Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Screw Everything

     Okay. I've been thinking all week about what to write about this week. I was just mulling every single idea over and none seemed right...but it hit me tonight, during church. So, I quickly wrote down a few points just to remind me when I sat down to write, what I was actually going to write about. So here I am. Don't freak out over the title because I don't mean that literally, and I do hope no one gets offended at my use of the word "Screw". Other words seemed inadequate to emphasize my point, and some words were...let's be honest, way too vulgar. I'm not trying to be rude or vulgar, this is simply how I've been feeling this past week, and as you keep reading this you will understand what I mean. 
     OH...Where do I even begin. I can't go into details because it's not really my business to just spread all over the internet. It started about a week ago, on a Thursday night. Basically: I started feeling like crap because I was selfish...and am selfish, and jealous, and hurt. And man, I sure did pray about this, a lot. I can't seem to get over it because..I really don't know why and it has basically just ruined my week. I've been rather down and near tears several days. I haven't even talked about it to anyone because I've just felt so stupid and couldn't believe I could be so immature about it! Anyway: All week I have said to myself "SCREW EVERYTHING", because I was just so tired of feeling frustrated with my life. Screw everything that doesn't make me happy. If some friendship just makes me sad: screw it. If SnapChat crashes every 5 minutes (like it literally just did), screw it. Screw things that just make me unhappy because I don't have time for unhappiness. Before you freak out and say "This girl has issues...doesn't she know that life is unhappy and you have to deal with things that are unhappy even when you don't feel like it??? What a moron." Yes, I very much know that and I don't mean that literally. I'm not going to give up on being your friend just because I got mad at you that one time or you forgot to call me or something. 
     I am going to try to explain what I mean when I say "screw everything" as best as I can. If I start repeating myself or talking in circles, I'm sorry. I will try not to. Clearly folks, it is completely impossible to avoid unhappy things, for the world is full to the brim with them. It is totally illogical to try and ignore unhappy things when they happen upon us. Unhappiness is unavoidable and inevitable. I do not think that I can just live my life doing only things that make me happy because a lot of things in this life are necessary to do that are not happy things. When I say "Screw everything that doesn't make you happy" I don't mean to literally forget everything that doesn't make you happy and have nothing to do with them, I am not insane my friends. 
     What I mean by this is: don't fill your life with unnecessary frustration. If something bothers you, take a deep breath and let it go. Don't let things get to you, don't let someone's words upset you. Take everything in stride because we all have something to be happy about. It's a lot easier said than done, but with God's Word to bring you back into focus you can get it done! If you can't let something go no matter how hard you try (which has happened to me), talk to the person who upset you. Chances are they didn't realize they upset you and never intended to. Let them know because they are just as open to hurt as you are. Screw things that make you unhappy, just let them go. Focus on the happy things only, and let the unhappy things bounce off of you. If you have to do something unhappy such as arrange a funeral, fire someone, start back in school, etc...don't let it make you unhappy. Joy comes from the Lord, and happiness is a choice. You can choose to be upset about all the bad things, or you can choose to be happy about the good things. 
     I'm not sure if all of this makes sense to you all, but if you understand anything from this I want you to understand that you can be happy and you can focus on the good things. It takes time and practice and isn't easy at first, but I'm sure over time we can all learn to be positive and focus on the good things in life. Like those beautiful roses you saw in the shop, or someone who just had a baby, or that cup of coffee you drank that was so delicious, or that really cute guy you saw who smiled at you. The little happy things need our attention just as much as the big happy things. If you get into a situation in life that seems all bad, you can still find the positive. For example, if you go to Africa and see the hundreds of starving kids. Kids who aren't only starved for food, but for love and attention as well. A situation that breaks your heart into a million pieces. Find the good in it. Such as: You can help those kids, you can love them while you're there, tell them about Christ, pray for them, and know that God loves them infinitely. Life is good, we just have to find it. 

     I start school this week, my first week of college classes! It's pretty exciting. Also, don't forget about my contest! Like my Facebook page at Owl Be Hawkward Blogging and enter to win a handmade scarf, hat, or a $25 Starbucks gift card! Winner chooses. You must like the page to win, and if I see that you tagged my page on your profile you have a greater chance of winning! I will be choosing a winner on September 1st. So go like & share! 

      Before I leave for this week, I wanted to remind you that God loves you!
The Lord is my strength and mu shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him. Psalm 28:7 
 Have a wonderful week, loves! 


Owl Be Hawkward
     

No comments:

Post a Comment