Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Little Dream of Mine

Guten Tag!
     I'm waiting on the Comet spread around my shower floor to work wonders and clean it up a bit, so I decided to start my post of the week! Even though I have reading assignments to complete, I have to write. My life has been kind of busy lately, and I have found that I have no time for recreational writing, which is my favorite. Whether it's spending two hours at the gym and coming home to have discussions and reading to complete or helping a friend raise money for school, going on bus visitation to see the few kids we pick up on Sunday morning, or spending time with one of my best friends before she moves to Australia for 4 months, I have a pretty busy life. Writing is something very important to me, something that if I don't do I end up being tied in knots and overwhelmed with myself. I'm not quite sure if anyone else feels this way, or if it's just me. I feel that if when I grow up, I don't have some type of writing going on, I'm going to be especially sad. If I'm not blogging, I hope I'm writing books. Writing is something very special God has given to me. Something more special than any relationship could be, something that not very many people understand about me. It's as if I have the key to the secret magical world of words, and when I open the door I'm somewhere else. When I write in my journal, write here, or write a story, it's like reading a book but more lovely because you are the book. You become the character and the feelings more than you ever do in reading. It's literally my favorite thing, and all my aspiration in life is to be successful in my passion. I believe that if it truly is my passion, I will be successful.
     
     I'm going to let you in on my dream today, just a little bit. It's something I long to do, and of course it may not come exactly true, but I think that it will come true to some extent. With enough hard work, enough prayer and following God, He will give me the desires of my heart. Obviously, following God is number one priority, and nothing I ever do will make me happy except following Him. But, God knows my dream, and He has the power to make it come true, for He has given the dream to me. He has planted the seed of passion in my heart for a reason, and He will follow through. 
     
    I picture myself in Seattle. The city of Starbucks and Macklemore, the city with mountains and coasts and beautiful nature surrounding the steel jungle of city. A city full of hustle and bustle, people going to their jobs and heading to their classes. People sitting in the famous Starbucks working on homework while sipping the lovely pumpkin spice lattes. Tourists chewing bubble gum so they can add it to the already full wall. This is the city that I envision to be my home in 10 years. I want to be one of the people in Starbucks, I want to be one of the people who walks through the rain with an umbrella dressed in scarves and rain coats. This is my dream.
     I, for some unknown reason, believe that this city is full of inspiration for books, and the rain is the perfect environment for writing all day. (I write best in the rain). The wondrously vast amount of rainy days and dark clouds is the sweetest, loveliest weather for this desert girl. Being pale white and tan-less, wearing sweaters all the time just sounds absolutely enticing to me. 
     I would love to have an apartment and work part-time in a lovely bookstore or coffee shop and on my days off write until my heart's content, living all alone. Waking up every morning and getting my cup of coffee, sitting down at my desk and making my ideas come to life. Oh how I want it now! Honestly, my first dream home is Germany, but I try to think a little more realistically. A husband is no where in the picture. How I envision my future is being alone with my writing and probably a cat and/or a hedgehog. It's what I want, I may never get to live in Seattle, but I can live somewhere like it. I wish I could fully express to you all the details I envision, though they may seem pretty ridiculous.

     I have this dream tucked deep in my heart, hoping and praying it comes true. I am nestled comfortably in God's plan for me, and I'm sure that whatever He has is so much more grand than I could ever think up. It's my dream, and I didn't dream it up to please anyone except my heart. I know God knows this desire, and He may ask me to give it up for His sake, and I have to become willing to do it. My passion is to write, and I believe God will allow me that, whether in Seattle or Germany or in Idaho or in Columbia.

What are your dreams and aspirations? Do you think they are too crazy and big to ever happen? I don't think they are. Once you give your desires to God, He will mold them into perfect reality. They may not be the reality you wanted, or thought you would have, but they are so much better. We may not see that at first, we may be disappointed in the fact that we didn't become a famous writer, or have our own business, but whatever God leads us to, it can happen. And whatever God does lead us to, it will be wonderful, because it is His perfect plan.

Never give up on dreams because they are in your heart for a reason.






I hope you guys have a wonderful, wonderful week! I'm so tired and I want to just sleep! Don't forget about my contest! Like my Facebook page Owl Be Hawkward Blogging and enter to win a scarf, hat, OR a $25 Starbucks gift card. You must like the page to enter the contest, and you have a higher chance of winning if you share the page! I'll be choosing the winner Monday so you must like NOW in order to win! 

My best friend and I just finished watching Breaking Dawn part 1 and 2 and I'm emotional wrecked for the rest of the night (I always am after reading/watching these, simply because the are over), so I am going to snuggle up to my body pillow and sleep. If you liked this post please comment below! If you have any suggestions for writing material, feel free to let me know. I'm always open to new ideas. With my English 101 class and I'm learning more and more about how to be a good writer, and writing about something that isn't my idea would help me better my skills. If you have any constructive criticism, how I could write better and what I could change, please comment as well! 

Have a fabulous week, and keep on adventuring.


Owl Be Hawkward


No comments:

Post a Comment