Friday, August 8, 2014

Stinkin' Reality

Back in Germany I was living care free. I wasn't thinking about life, I was totally okay with the world. It was such a beautiful place to run away too. It was such an adventure to get my mind off of life...I would live there forever if I could. I. Had nothing but pure fun, saw so many places I never even dreamed of seeing. 

The trip ended. The adventure ended.  Then reality smacked me in the face. 

It was nice to run away, but I can't run away from life forever, that's not life. Life is full of times like Germany, full of adventures and fun and problem-forgetting days. But life is also full of times of disappointment and questioning, full of reality beating you until your purple, trying to get you to fall and give up. 

Guys, life is so full. Full of everything, good and bad. It only lasts a short time, this whole 'life' thing, and we have to give our all. We can't let disappointment in one thing blind us to the joy of something else. We can't let reality beat us until we're blue, we have to stand strong and fight back. Reality is hard, but it is also amazing. Like the reality that God loves us for an eternity, and sent His Son to die for us. We also have to stick our head in the clouds occasionally. Go up there and find your dream, and when you come back down, chase as hard and fast as possible. Dreams can come true. Don't get down about life because it's a beautiful mess we only get one chance to live, and while we're living it, we got to chase those crazy but possible dreams God planted in our hearts and leave a stream of Light behind us. 

I'm dying to go back there, I want to go back there and live a different life than what I'm living here. But this life I have is the life I have to live, I can't change it, but I can go back to Germany and live it. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe not even in 5 years, but someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment