Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September First

The first day of September is a gloomy one (my favorite kind of day). the clouds are heavy and the sun is hidden, making it all the more difficult to pull myself out of bed. I hope it doesn't come off as too crazy, but I'm happy to say goodbye to summer.

Don't get me wrong, summer was fantastic. I just feel more comfortable and at ease in the fall air. I don't know what it is about the air. Some magical mixture of warmth and cool. Not enough to make you cold, but just enough to be able to wear a light sweater.  Then gradually the leaves begin to change color. From Dark green to orange and yellow. The light breeze pulls them gently away from the trees and to the ground.



I love how clouds cover the sky more regularly, how especially comforting the warm mug between my hands feels.  I'm happy to embrace all the lovely orange and brown colors, to plop a beanie on my head and call it fashion. It's good to go through my closet and find all the best sweaters, to pull out the boots and leg warmers. (come sooner).

Candles that smell of cinnamon and pumpkin, cookies that taste like pumpkin, and actual pumpkins. Scarves and boots, and lots of hugs.



One of my favorite things is when my family and I drive up to the mountains to see the aspens in their brilliant array of orange and yellow. This fall, we'll be in the eastern United States and the leaves will be red. I can picture how breathtaking it will be.

Summer, you brought sweet memories and warmth, but fall will bring sweeter memories and cool days.

I'm ready to say goodbye to fields of sunflowers and blazing suns. I'm ready to welcome the cool air and cloudy days, pumpkin everything, and warm sweaters. I think that's when my heart is happiest. This fall will bring so many wonderful trips and adventures, and I'm growing weary of waiting. Happy Fall Season, friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment