Thursday, September 3, 2015

Playlist // August

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what I'm going to be posting here this month. For some reason, I can't bring myself to plan things out this time. Maybe I will in a day or two, but this week it's just whatever comes to mind. What's on my mind right now is music, so I'll just share with you a few of my favorites from August (there are a lot more than a few, but that would take a long time to write down...).
 I have my bitter cup of coffee (it does not taste fantastic today), and Spotify is open, so let's jam.



BORNS | // ELECTRIC LOVE
  i cant resist dancing to this song whenever it comes on my spotify. its full of happiness.


 KING CHARLES | // WILDE LOVE // IVORY ROAD // COCO CHITTY // IVORY ROAD
my coworker/gym partner/friend introduced my to king charles about a month ago and i fell in love with their sound. each of these songs make me feel so much. their sound is insanely awesome and it was difficult to not post the entire album. these songs are my favorite favorite ones and i recommend listening to them.

YOUNG THE GIANT | // STRINGS // APARTMENT // COUGH SYRUP 
i listened to young the giant when i was 14, only cough syrup though. however, ive found that he has other songs that are as good, if not better. the vertebrata in the song 'strings' makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. the feels are strong with this artist.

PHARRELL WILLIAMS | // HUNTER // LOST QUEEN
you know those songs that just make you feel good? yeah, these are those songs. i didnt really like the entire album, but these two songs stuck out to me. i havent been feeling this genre as of late, but whenever these songs come on, i dont skip.

CAGE THE ELEPHANT | // SHAKE ME DOWN // ABERDEEN
cage the elephant is another throwback band that i used to listen to a few years ago, but only one song (aint no rest for the wicked). aberdeen and shake me down are two of their more relaxed songs and  they are fantastic. much awesome. so good.


PENTATONIX | // DAFT PUNK // NATURAL DISASTER // AHA! 
im pretty sure we can all agree that pentatonix is an exquisite a Capella group, probably the best around. they have such a unique and powerful sound (i love avi kaplan, their bass singer). these are just a few of their covers that i cant get enough of. daft punk is probably my favorite of the three because they do such an amazing job at the bass sounds.

ALTER BRIDGE | // BROKEN WINGS
alter bridge is more of a rock band, but broken wings is a more chill song. it is still rock, but it's not intense, not a pump up song for your next work out. i like the lyrics for this song. its such a good jam, with a powerful sound. and yet again, im all up in my feels when i hear it.

Obviously I have been in a more relaxed mood as of late, you can tell by the majority of these songs not being as crazy enthusiastic as they could have been. What are some jams you've been listening to lately? 
As always have a great day, and I hope your coffee was better than mine. Talk to you next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment