Tuesday, October 27, 2015

thoughts // a quick update

hello, all! i know ive been gone for a few weeks. ive been traveling with my fmaily, as i told you. and while many hours have been spent sitting in the car, blogging has been quite difficult. i havent been pleased with anything i began to write, and writing daily about the trip seemed like a forced task. i cant write what isnt in my heart! but i have dearly missed writing here. 

in fact, i have missed home quite greatly. of course, traveling the Eastern United States is an exciting, amazing venture, but the unsettled-ness is getting hard to deal with. living out of a messy suitcase, wearing the same clothes everyday, sleeping in hotels (sometimes infested with giant crickets that get in the car with you on the way through texas), constantly being with strangers, staying in their home and making conversation, always eating out. it's fun, but it can get old.

dont think im not enjoying the trip! i am enjoying it greatly (minus riding in the car with my family for 4 days straight on some weekends, and not being in a real gym regularly). 

last week we staying in florida (ahh yes! humid, hot florida!) with my aunt and cousins. this was wonderful because i hadn't seen my cousin for about 13 years, so i hardly knew them. it was also fun because my cousin lifts, and we were able to go to the gym and lift heavy every day i was there! hashtag amazing. i hadnt been in the gym for 8 days, which is the longest i have gone all year. after 3 days of heavy workouts i was extremely sore! unfortunately, i lost a lot of strength in those 8 days. i wasnt able to lift my usual heavy weights, which discouraged me. however, this week i am regrouping and looking to the bright side. as soon as i get home im going to work my butt off! 

this week, we are in the Pocono mountains at a beautiful resort a dear friend lent to my family. oh my, the foliage is breathtaking! its such a beautiful place to be this time of year. it is nice to actually have a place to completely settle in for a few days. a place where i can wear my ugliest sweatpants and not care. today we are going hiking by some falls, and i will have pictures for you. 

last night i was able to write some workouts that will enable me to use the measly selection of dumbbells they provide at the "fitness center". i am trying my best not to lose all of my gainz. 

ill be back soon with lots of pictures of Autumn in the Poconos. you can keep up with my adventure on instagram as well! 

now to finish my cup of coffee and explore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment