Thursday, December 7, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 7: Finals are OVER!

Good Morning Folks,

I am officially on Christmas break! I proofread and submitted my last final yesterday, and it feels so good. While I am not getting grades that are as high as I want them (I set high standards for myself, so while my grades aren't up to my personal par, they are still good), I am at a point where I am just glad it's over.

I can breathe again. I can do things that I actually want to do. I can watch Netflix GUILT free.

Yeah yeah yeah, it's only a month. And I still have to register for classes, do FASFA, return my books, and buy new ones....But hey, I am basically a free bird.

I haven't quite figured out how to celebrate yet because my boyfriend hasn't finished and I want to celebrate together. I am treating myself to a manicure this weekend, though.

It feels nice to know that all the stress about getting assignments done, making payments, and not being stupid is gone. I can stop low-key hating my life for a little while.

But in all honesty, I love school. I love learning and growing and making progress on reaching goals. I love the feeling I get when I make 100% on assignments and finish the semester with good grades. It feels good to feel smart.

I am currently (at this moment and on this day) a bundle of stress thinking about next semester, finances, and just a few other things that have been on my mind regarding college education (student loans....*insert sadness here*). That stuff is for another day and another post. This is Blogmas, the day after finals, and it is supposed to be ALL GOOD.

Some things I am looking forward to about not having homework for the next month:

1. Finishing my Christmas Cards
2. Finishing my Christmas shopping
3. Wrapping presents & mailing gifts
4. Baking lots of goodies
5. Watching Christmas movies
6. Binge watching TV
7. Spending quality time with my boyfriend and my family
8. Taking naps
9. Planning for next semester (yes, I love planning things so I am excited).
10. Focusing on weight lifting

These things have been put off for 4 months, and I am glad I can get back to them. ESPECIALLY THE GYM.

The funny thing is, even though I'm tired and I finally have a chance to relax, I am not ready to stop. Getting rid of homework for a month only opens me up to do more things like cleaning, cooking, organizing, planning. (I'm actually doing a Bible study on the business of life right now, but we'll talk about that later). I am still really happy and excited to experience life in a less stressful way for a bit.

I think to celebrate, I might just take a nap.

All in all, finals are over and I can start celebrating Christmas like I want.

How do you celebrate finals being over? Let me know, maybe we can party together.

Merry Christmas,
KD.

No comments:

Post a Comment