Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Coffee with Kaydee--the friend zone

Good morning, and yes, I am actually drinking coffee while I write this. 

Today, I come to you as a hurt puppy, a rejected flower, a rotten apple...or whatever. I have been cordially welcomed to the wonderful friend zone. 

I am not going to go into details, but let's just say it sucks. Although my "goal" for 2014 was to not date anyone, rejection is still not cool. 

It turns out my goal is a whole lot easier to achieve than originally thought. 

Now this isn't the first time I've been friend zoned, but this one is the most "tragic" yet. I have to admit, I don't like being here. I am going to say that I Have friend zoned people before, and now I will do so with a greater sympathy. You know what's worse than the friend zone? The family zone. Where, you aren't blood related but they see you as a cousin or sister. 

I am the sister. Ugh. 

While I sit in my comfy place in the zone, I try to accept it with ease. I mean, what's so bad about it? At least your still in contact with the person, there's no way you can get hurt, hey! Maybe you'll even meet someone in the friend zone who decides to take you out of it! 

As we all mingle in the friend zone, lets take a moment or two to accept it. If you're going to be here, make it worth your time. Friend zones aren't as bad as they seem, because its better than not knowing the person at all right? And here you can learn how to be a better person for when someone decides to sweep you  off your feet and carry you to the more than friends zone. 

Girls, there is absolutely nothing  wrong with being single. Those emotions are more likely to be even, the drama is nonexistent, you avoid painful break ups, you have time to do whatever you want with whoever you want, and most importantly, you have to grow the most important relationship in your life. And let's face it, teenage boys do NOT know how to treat us right, they don't know how to love you and you don't know how to love them.  

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with dating either! If you're 18, mature, are positive the guy is a good guy who loves The Lord and your family, has ambition, is also mature, and is ready for a relationship. If you're 16/17, dating isn't bad, but the most likely thing to happen is you fall into infatuation, then get your heart broken. 

Save yourself a lot of heart ache and become content where you're at. Singleness can be great, and if you're my age you need to be single so you can develop your personality. Having close guy friends is really good, as long as they don't get to close. Learn to love as a friend, then you can love as a wife. 

Welcome to the friend zone. May the odds be ever in your favor, and remember, owl be hawkward, so should you ;) 




                       Follow me
         Instagram-@kaydeemerritt
              @owlbehawkwardknits
            Twitter-@owlbehawkward 

No comments:

Post a Comment