Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Favorite Bands

I like music...actually, I love music. During the school year, I will listen to music all day, probably 8+ hours. I can't work-out without listening to music, I read and listen to music. I listen to everything I can get my hands on, even Scottish Bagpipe music piques my interest. When I find a new band I get so excited and I go a read their wiki bio and listen to their newest albums. So I have decided to compile a list of my favorite bands and songs by them! 

{One Republic} I fell in love with them about 3 years ago? I love Ryan Tedder and the fact that he writes songs for everyone. He has such a unique voice, they just have an awesome sound. I love the fact that they never cuss or talk about inappropriate things. They're songs are genuinely good and fun. 

-Can't Stop |Native|
-Preacher |Native|
-Feel Again |Native| (This album is really great)
-Apologize |Dreaming Out Loud|
-Marchin' On |Waking Up|
-Secrets |Waking Up|

{Skillet} Skillet, ahh...my all-time favorite. Well okay I don't have an all-time favorite but this one is in the top three. I was introduced to Skillet when I was like twelve and I hated them, but when I was 14 I found them again and I will never stop listening to them. They are a Christian rock group and they are uhhh-mazing. John Cooper is the lead singer and his has a unique, gravely rock voice that I just fell in love with. I even wrote an essay about them for school one time. They have an amazing drummer, two guitarist, a violinist and a cellist. All so good and talented, and they love the Lord genuinely. 

-Monster |Awake|
-Hero |Awake|
-Sometimes |Awake| 
-Never Surrender |Awake|
-Rebirthing |Comatose|
-Comatose |Comatose|
-Whispers in the Dark |Comatose|
-The Last Night |Comatose|
-Forsaken |Collide
-Savior |Collide|
-Fire and Fury |Rise|
-What I Believe |Rise|
-American Noise |Rise|
-Madness in Me |Rise|

{Relient K} This is one of bands you like for your whole life. I started listening when I was about 10 years old. It's one of those bands that you'll never forget the lyrics no matter how long it's been since you heard the song. Relient K is a punk-rock Christian band that absolutely rocks and is just worth your time to listen to. 

-The Best Thing |Five Score and Seven Years Ago|
-Be My Escape |MMHMM|
-Death Bed |Five Score and Seven Years Ago| 
-Sadie Hawkins Dance |i don't remember the album|
-I fell in Love With the 80's (pink tux) |i don't remember the album| 
-We Should Get Jerseys |Five Score and  Seven Years Ago|

{Third Day} I have been listening to this band all my life. They are a southern rock group who glorifies God. Man, their lyrics are so good and meaningful.  Me and my dad are Third Day enthusiasts and we listen to them all the time. My dad has all of their albums and we've even had the chance to see them in concert. I got to meet the band too (which I regret because I should have let my dad meet them becaus he is the bigger fan, but I was a stupid, selfish kid...I guess I will have to make up for it and get him VIP tickets for his 60th birthday or something). It's so hard to decide my favorite songs because I love them all, so I will give you my top 5. 

-Thief |Third Day 1996|
-Long Time Comin' |Chronology Vol. 1|
-May Your Wonders Never Cease | Offerings II | 
-Call My Name |Revelation|

Mind you, these are just a few of my favorite bands and a few of my favorite songs from them. I have a ton of favorite songs/bands and it would take a life time to list them for you. I hope you enjoyed this! Comment below some of your favorite songs & bands or if you like the same ones I do! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment