Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thankful // New People, Adventure, and Hildagaard

Life gets busy and sometimes we get stressed out. We are occupied with 300 different things going on during the day, and then we are thinking about what we have to do tomorrow. We think about class assignments, goals that need to be reached, work that needs to be done, and we hustle. Hustling is good, making good grades is good, reaching goals is awesome! However, I think it's good that we take a few minutes every now and then and just reflect on the things that we're grateful for. On this sleepy morning, I'd just like to share with you a few of the things I am thankful for.

New People
Meeting new people could be good, or it could be bad. Sometimes, you just click with someone and for some reason, being around them is a really good thing. I'm thankful for the new people I've met. 

Adventures
I don't know who doesn't love a good adventure, I know I do. An escape from the monotonous daily routines, leaving worries behind, seeing something new. If not new, something beautifully familiar. I'm thankful for being able to go on adventures and see new things. Take an adventure once in a while, go somewhere you have never been before. It's good for your heart. 


Books
Yes, I am indeed thankful for books. Though I haven't been reading as often this past year, I have recently started the Harry Potter Series and The Tales of Sherlock Holmes. I forgot how good reading is for the imagination. When life is not permissible of adventure, it surely can't stop you from reading a good book. Reading comes close to taking an adventure. I'm thankful for the vivid descriptions that take me away for a little while. 

A Healthy Body
I think a majority of us take this for granted all too often. I think we take for granted the fact that we're breathing, that we can walk, and that a lot of us are in good health. I try to remember how blessed I am, how gracious the Lord is to allow me to daily get in the gym and work hard. A lot of people don't have that ability, but I do. Don't take for granted your moving legs and your beating heart! In a moment they could be taken. Enjoy them with everything you do, and treat your body with love and respect. 




Hildagaard
Everyday when I get home, my little dog is there. She get's so excited that she can barely contain it. I sit on the floor and she gives me kisses and I rub her belly and we just tell each other about our day and how much we missed each other. It's one of the most lovely things about coming home at the end of the day. When I suggest a walk she gets excited all over again. She jumps out of the car and runs like a wild stallion and we run together, sometimes we walk. She chases butterflies and then when the walk is over and we're both hot and out of breath, we get in the car and she hangs her head out of the window and we drive home. I'm thankful for my little booger. 



Those are a few things I'm particularly grateful today. What are you thankful for? As always, have a great day, and an even greater cup of coffee! 



No comments:

Post a Comment